100% Natural , Biodegradable & Environmental Friendly
Spill type: Absorbs oil, fuel, diesel, petrol and other hydrocarbons.
Application: Use outdoors wherever oils & fuels are spilt – use on land or water.
Absorbent capacity: 30 litres per bag.
- Ideal for maintenance workshops, paint & panel shops, parking and lay down areas, vehicle repair shops, re-fuelling facilities, service stations, ports and marinas, wash and lube bays.
- Use for oil & fuel spills on concrete, bitumen and for shoreline clean up and open sea spills.
- A disposal bag is included in every 28 litre bag for easy and fast cleanup and disposal of contaminated peat.
- Highly oil absorbent (absorbs up to 5 times its own weight in oil) with strong ‘wicking’ action – encapsulates fuels, oils, solvents and other hydrocarbon based products on contact.
- Excellent water repellent characteristics (hydrophobic) – use in the rain or on water to absorb oil and fuel only.
- Bio-active – contains ‘oil eating bacteria’. Global Peat will biodegrade contaminants over time and return to its natural state.
- Non leaching organic fibre – will not discharge absorbed pollutants.
- Global Peat will suppress vapours on contact.
- Light weight, economical and easy to use.
- High absorbency to weight ratio = lower transport & disposal costs.
- Substantially less expensive than expanded clay products (when comparing the cost per litre of oil absorbed).
- Fast wicking action allows quick clean up, reduces potential slip hazards and improves safety in the workplace.
Bio Peat can be ordered by the bag or pallet (60 bags per pallet).
Shipping weight (bag): 6 kg
Shipping weight (pallet): 370 kg
Shipping dimensions (bag): 38cm x 66cm x 11cm
|Description||Bag (weight)||Bag (volume)||Code|
|Global Peat ground absorbent||6 kg||28 litre||B/01|
- To find out “ How to use “ Please see our video clips.
- Absorbent capacity will vary depending on liquid viscosity, specific gravity and temperature.
- Absorbents retain the characteristics of the absorbed liquid. Appropriate PPE should be worn and disposal of used absorbents should be to land farm, via incineration or to approved landfill in accordance with local regulations.
- Absorbents used in spill situations need to be recovered.
- Bio Peat used to recover a petrol spill.
- Bio Peat used for pond clean up, Perth, Western Australia.